As some of you know I had surgery in August to remove my gallbladder.
Well about a week after returning to work my boss told me he needed to take some time off in October, I asked when in October because I like to have 1 day off during the week of my birthday.
He wanted the 2 days before and the day after my birthday off, I told him it wasn't a good time for him to take off and that I wanted at least 1 day off for my birthday and that I also had an appointment with the financial aid advisor at school on the 3rd of October that I told him about. He said we would work something out. The next day when I came in his approved vacation request was in the fax machine. He stayed late after work the night before and got that time off in October approved. When I asked him about it he threw my surgery "vacation" in my face saying I just had 6 days off.
Recovering from surgery and being in pain constantly is not what I call time off.
So, not only do I not get a day off for my birthday, but I have to work overtime that week at both of my jobs because it's Balloon Fiesta opening weekend... I love the balloons, but it does get old. On top of that, I can't get into the financial aid advisor for at least another week.
I may sound like a whiney baby, but I thought this would be the last year in a long time when I actually got the chance to take a day off for my birthday seeing as how I start nursing school at the beginning of the year.
okay, there's my gripe for the day, stay tuned it's early in the day I may actually post twice in one day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment