Thursday, October 30, 2008

Love At a Baby Shower?

Okay so I haven't written in a while, sorry.

I have a friend who is pregnant right now and she called me last night to get my address so she can send me an invitation to the baby shower in a few months. She was so cute because she was super excited even though this isn't her first kid and she kindly let me know that this was a couples shower and I could bring a date if I wanted to.

First of all, I haven't had a boyfriend in years. Secondly, if I had a guy right now what's to say I would still be with him when this event rolled around. Thirdly, what guy wants to go to a baby shower with his girlfriend? Weird.

So I told her I wasn't dating anyone then she said, "Well, look supercute because there will be single guys there". Again, what kind of guy goes to a baby shower? Alone at a baby shower is even more strange than going with your girlfriend.

Anyway, that was my bizarre conversation of the week. Am I really that desperate that I need to meet a guy at a baby shower?

No comments: